Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sour Cream Coffee Cake


Last night I was in a baking mood because of the snow-in.  I went to my go-to coffee cake recipe which comes courtesy of my friend Laura's Junior League of Indiana 1973 cookbook.  It's pretty amazing.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake:
¾ Cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt

Glaze:
½ cup confectioners sugar
Lemon Juice

In a large bowl, cream butter, gradually adding sugar.  Beat until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time, fold in sour cream and vanilla.  Fold in flour, baking powder and salt.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Cool and remove from pan.  Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle on cake once its cool.

I can usually take or leave the glaze, but if I have blueberries I usually stir those in before baking.  It's such a great recipe.  I'd share a picture, but it's already gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails